Member recommendations: podcasts!
Have you noticed that shiny bright thing in the sky lately? It’s beaming down on us and making our days a little warmer and enjoyable! Why not take advantage of the sun while it’s out?! Maybe you already have! Or you’ve been wanting to but need something to get you going. A nice walk can be made even easier with something to listen to or distract you – so how about a Podcast?!
A few weeks ago we made a post in our 23w Facebook Group asking you lovely ladies for some recommendations, and here’s what we got.
No matter what you’re after, whether that be educational or simply recreational, there’s surely something for everyone amongst this list.
So give them a listen, and let us know what you think!
- FoundMyFitness: A collection of interviews and topic “deep dives” focused on the science of aging, health, nutrition, fitness, and well-being.
- Health, Love & Humankind: Each week Steph Lowe speaks with experts from all over the world in the areas of nutrition, microbiome health, environmental sustainability, psychology, meditation and more. Together we’ll teach you the answers to becoming healthy, happy and a more conscious human, and why your contribution to the planet truly matters.
- Maintenance Phase: Debunking the junk science behind health fads, wellness scams and nonsensical nutrition advice.
- Fed Up: When Emily Gellis hears rumors of people suffering horrible side effects from a trendy diet she springs into action.
- The SuperFeast Podcast: Join tonic herbalist and health educator Mason Taylor as we explore the magical world of Tonic Herbalism
- Boost Your Biology: Lucas explores the unexplored to bring you useful health and performance information to upgrade your existence
- The Imperfects: Constantly comparing ourselves to others can not only be exhausting, but extremely harmful. However, when we share our struggles, we start to realise that everyone, no matter how successful, has something they are battling with.
- Crappy To Happy: the podcast for people on the move who may be feeling low in energy, mood or motivation and can’t figure out exactly why.
- Feminist Survival Podcast: A podcast for feminists who feel overwhelmed and exhausted by everything they need to do, and still worry that we’re not doing enough.
- On Being: it examines what it calls the “animating questions at the center of human life: What does it mean to be human, and how do we want to live?”
- No BS Approach to Motherhood: They are both mothers and clinical Nutritionists who specalise in women’s health. They not only bring you the most up to date nutritional and health advice when it comes to fertility, pregnancy, postpartum and children’s nutrition. But their main goal is to break through the BS that can come with motherhood.
- Mamamia Outloud: Absolutely everything is up for discussion: from pop culture to politics, body image to motherhood, feminism to fashion.
- Pieces of Britney: Britney Spears
- Bang On: Join Myf Warhurst and Zan Rowe as they debrief on the biggest conversations of the week about music, art, life and stuff
- Tim Ferris Show: Each episode, I deconstruct world-class performers from eclectic areas (investing, sports, business, art, etc.) to extract the tactics, tools, and routines you can use. This includes favorite books, morning routines, exercise habits, time-management tricks, and much more.
- SmartLess: “SmartLess” with Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes, & Will Arnett is a podcast that connects and unites people from all walks of life to learn about shared experiences through thoughtful dialogue and organic hilarity.
- Chat 10 Looks 3: A peripatetic podcast in which Leigh Sales and Annabel Crabb discuss what they’re reading, watching, cooking, listening to or irrationally exhilarated by.
- The Quicky: Do you find the news cycle overwhelming? Depressing? Confusing? Boring? Endless? Then you need The Quicky. Mamamia’s daily podcast that gets you up to speed on the top stories, then deep dives on one topic you want to know more about.
- Where Should We Begin with Esther Perel: (recommended to go back to 2017 episodes!) Listen to the incomparable therapist Esther Perel counsel real couples as they reveal the most intimate, personal, and complicated details of the conflicts that have brought them to her door.
- Life Uncut: Talking all things love, life, lust, and a bunch of other stuff. Nothing is off limits in this podcast that navigates relationships and dating in the modern day.
- Others Others: Through the Deakin University Indigenous Knowledge Systems Lab, we have unlikely, borderline seditious and kind of inappropriate yarns with surprising people about how an Indigenous complexity science lens can be applied to solving the world’s most wicked problems.
- To Live and Die in L.A: In Feb 2018, an aspiring actress vanished from her Hollywood apartment. Rolling Stone journalist Neil Strauss was asked to help the family get answers.
- The Dropout – Elizabeth Holmes: Money. Romance. Tragedy. Deception. The story of Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos is an unbelievable tale of ambition and fame gone terribly wrong.
- Get It Right – Undercover Architect: This podcast will help you get it right when designing, building and renovating your home.
WANT TO TRY US OUT FOR YOURSELF?
Grab a 7-day trial to access all of our classes and see if we are the right fit for you!
Ange Drake is an personal trainer, women’s empowerment coach and fitness blogger in the northern suburbs of Melbourne. She is the director of one of the few womens’ only strength training gyms in Melbourne, 23W. Ange helps women to learn how to use strength based training, nutritional strategies and a positive mindset to transform their bodies, relationship with food and mind.
Your fitness style
Can’t decide which of our packages is best suited for you? Take our questionnaire to help you decide!